The castle has a castle wall of 6.5 km length, 140 towers, about 400 cisterns, doors with inscriptions and as an open air museum reflects Seljuk art at its best, showing the fascination of Seljuk art. The castle was built by A. Keykubat, the Sultan of Seljuk. The ramparts start from Kızkule, extend down from Ehmedek,



Six years after the Seljuk Sultan Alaaddin Keykubat took over the city, construction began in 1227 near Kızılkule and was completed in one year. The five-arched shipyard has 56.5 meters of façade and 44 meters of depth. The location selected Read more…