It began to be built in 1227 and finished in one year, near Kızılkule (red tower) six years later after the Seljuk’s Sultan A.Keykubad controlled the city. The sea side of the dockyard with five arch parts has a lenght of 56.5 mt and 44 mt deep.The dockyard is located on the most sunny place to take advantage of sunlight. The tablet in the entry of the dockyard carries the emblem of A.Keykubat and it is enriched with rosettes.Alanya’s dockyard is the first dockyard of the Seljuk’s on the Mediterranean Sea. Keykubat who ordered to build the Sinop Dockyard, named later as the “Sultan of the two seas.” In one part of the dockyard is the small mosque, on the other side the room of the guards. İn one of the archs is a well dried in course of time. entry is free to the dockyard which can be reached from the sea with boats or by walk.
Six years after the Seljuk Sultan Alaaddin Keykubat took over the city, construction began in 1227 near Kızılkule and was completed in one year. The five-arched shipyard has 56.5 meters of façade and 44 meters of depth. The location selected for the shipyard is planned to make the most of daylight. The inscription on the entrance door of the shipyard carries the coat of arms of Sultan Keykubat and is decorated with rosettes. Alanya Shipyard is the first shipyard of the Seljuks in the Mediterranean. Alaaddin Keykubat, who had previously built the Sinop Shipyard in the Black Sea, was named the s sultan of the two seas ile with the Alanya Shipyard. There is a masjid on one side of the shipyard and a guard room on the other side. In one eye there is a well that has been blinded in time. Entrance to the Tersane is free of charge, which can be reached by boat from the sea or by foot from the walls next to Kızılkule.
There’s a gun house next to the dockyard. It was built with the aim of defence on a rock ten meters above the sea level. It’s also known that cannons for battleships were made in the three-storey and rectangular building made of stone blocks and constructed in 1277. There have been some efforts made by the Ministry of culture and the Municipality of Alanya to make the Dockyard and the Gun House naval museums.
They are the structures on Cilvarda Cape, which consists of steep cliffs with a length of 400 meters, at the tip of the peninsula. Although it is referred to as the “mint” among the people, it is not possible to print money in buildings built of cut stone. One of the 11th century stone structures is a small church, while the others are likely to be used as a monastery. The dome of the small church is standing. There is also a cistern on the rocks. Although there is a road with steps carved into the rocks from the Inner Castle to the group of structures in Cilvarda Cape, the road is unusable today. Leaving the sea is difficult and dangerous. It has an impressive view both when it is watched from the Inner Fortress and when the boat is turning from the sea.